Are You Ready for Your Hearing Aid Fitting?
You’ve just made a big investment in your health and well-being by buying a hearing aid–it’s time to make sure that investment pays off. Hearing aid fittings ensure you get the best quality sound and that they are comfortable enough to wear all day.
What to Expect at a Hearing Aid Fitting
- Fittings take approximately an hour.
- Your hearing aid professional will test both the fit and functionality.
- You may need more than one fitting to get the best sound quality and comfort.
- Expect to review all your hearing aids’ advanced functions. Even if you’ve had a hearing aid before, pay close attention. (Consider recording some of the explanation with your smartphone to review later, especially if you have difficulty hearing the instructions.)
- Your hearing aid will be programmed based on your hearing test results.
- You’ll also review how to keep your hearing aid operating at its peak through regular cleaning and care.
- Schedule a follow up appointment to make adjustments and to answer any questions that come up after giving your hearing aids a test drive.
After your fitting, spend some time every day doing exercises to test and adjust your new hearing aids. (You can find hearing exercises and other resources here.)
Ready? Schedule a Hearing Aid Fitting or Adjustment Today. Call Us
Live Speech Mapping
We also use Live Speech Mapping, a hearing aid fitting process that uses probe microphones and live real-time speech. It allows you and your family members to immediately see the benefits of hearing aids and understand the fitting process.
Real People. Real Stories.
Their words, not ours. See what more real people say about their experiences with Richmond Hearing Doctors in Richmond and Midlothian, VA.